PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 14th Sep 2003, 23:05
helislave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks both, much appreciated.

TC, yeah i have also seen these combined courses too, only wish i would have seen them earlier. Maybe i should explain, i already have a degree in Aerospace Engineering d'oh..(perhaps i should get myself a english degree instead!) joking aside. But these degrees were not around when i decided to do my degree.

Many thanks for your words of encouragement, also to you SASless, although i don't think management would be my thing, perhaps only when i fail a medical or more likely lose my marbles would i consider management. But for me helo driving is the thing...if funds allowed i'd do it for free...but they don't so i have to make an informed decision.

Would you think that a helo manufacturer might prefer an Aero Degree and and a CPL (H), surely that has to be an advantage, or would they still require zillions of hours too?

Why the subject is raised, why is it that the helo world is seemingly well behind the plank world when it comes to career progression and the like? After all, helos have only been around 50 odd years or so...and the leaps and bounds made in helo technology is far more than in planks for the same period of time, particularly in materials.

Last edited by helislave; 14th Sep 2003 at 23:16.