PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2017, 11:38
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flying Binghi
Hmmm... an infrastructure loan on facility's that other company's will be allowed to use... Yeah, and the facility's are ours to keep no matter what happens to Adani...
I don't see the benefit. The mine is in out the back of nowhere. The facilities will not be of use to anyone except the operator of the mine. Whether you think so or not, it is more likely than not that coal will be phased out as a fuel over the lifespan of a coal mine. This adds a significant amount of RISK to the loan as there is no longer a rock solid guarantee that Adani will ever pay it back.

There are institutions dedicated to providing funds for these kinds of projects, they are called banks, and for reasons you have remained silent on, they aren't touching the Adani project with a 10-foot barge pole. If there is money to be made loaning money for this project why isn't the private sector getting in on this?

The government's job is not to provide money to foreign megacorporations who are unable to secure funding from the private sector. If this were for any other project than a coal mine you would be screeching from high heaven.