PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSA Licensing
Thread: ATSA Licensing
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2003, 21:44
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connex - now you've got me confused.

What exactly do you want the licence for? Recognition of certain responsibilities such as being an atsa OJTI and/or LCE? or just because you are an atsa?

I have no quibbles with atsa's being paid extra grades for such extra responsibilities, but I can't see that having a licence can be justified on these grounds alone. Although your duties almost ineviatbly involves some independant decision making, as as I've said before, the buck stops for overall responsibility with the senior atco on duty, not you.

You obviously feel hard done by, as your last post clearly demonstrates. I don't know what "company perks" you don't get that the atco's do, I assume that UKATTs is one of them, but these "extras" could well be similar to those that some people do or don't get in any other industry.
You mentioned parity with atco pay grades for atsa's, which is ridiculous, the day to day and legal responsibilities of a validated atco far outweigh those of an atsa under any circumstances.

Perhaps the content of your last post sums up the reason why you're not getting much support from atco's - to be blunt, it's on the verge of a petulant outburst from someone with a huge chip on their shoulder.