PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash near Mt Gambier
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2017, 09:48
greifandpain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
The reason we do it is because its a natural human factor. Its not so easy to change a plan once you're doing it, there's a level of annoyance if your'e compelled to.

For example your driving your car and come to a detour and complled to drive around side streets only to emerge 100 metres down the road, we do it because we are compelled to but there's a level of annoyance. That level of annoyance is dependant on how much inconvenience is involved.

Take the classic example, you are more than half way through painting the loungeroom wall when the other half comes in and says, oh no that isn't right, it needs to be darker. Your reaction isn't no problem luv, I'll just add some darker tint and start again. is it.

The reaction to a plan change once executed is dependent on the level of inconvenience and whether or not you are compelled to.
My daughter and her daughter did not have any say in the Mount Gambier plane crash. My daughter had asked me "How can a pilot fly in cloud ?" as my daughter Tracy told me that this particular pilot had flown in IFR with them previously. I, Fifty years ago flew gliders and I explained to my daughter how it was suppose to work. I convinced her that it would be OK, I also told her if she was scared about flying conditions, then don't go. I would drive them both to Adelaide and back again, A fifteen hour drive. I had been driving them to Adelaide and back up to three times a week. That is why she organised the Angel Flight, to save her seventy years old father (me) whom after some two months was physically becoming unable to continue with the driving. I trusted them to a stranger. Now they are dead.

I have a very good idea of what went wrong - but I am prepared to wait for the report from the ATSB.