PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2017, 04:39
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Heh, for a dumb ol barely literate hill farmer i thought i were doing fairly good...
Binghi you indicate that you are a farmer. You also must be involved in aviation which leads to the logical conclusion that it's a big farm.

So you may export some or all of your product. Now if everything we use were to be manufactured in Aust how are the countries you export to going to pay for your farm products if you don't buy some of their products?

Top rates of pay that were paid for by the Oz tax payers.
Who didn't much begrudge paying because they (the taxpayer) owned the power station. As owners they knew they were getting either cheap power or lower taxes when profits went back to state treasury.

At least the 'subsidy' stayed in Australia
It appears we are in violent agreement on this point.

How we managed to allow infrastructure monopolies, paid for by the taxpayer, to get into the hands of greedy corporations defies logic.I think the idea must have been pushed by the same people who dreamed up the term 'Trickle Down' to pull the wool over the eyes of low paid workers.

Monopolies that supply basic needs should remain in the hands of government. ie the people. Some that come to mind are power, water, sewage, roads, ports,airports. There are no doubt more. At least with government ownership either prices are low or profits go back to the people. Unlike the situation where monopolies are owned by big corporations, if we don't like how government runs them we get a chance to sack the government every 3 years and hopefully find better replacements.