PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2017, 23:03
John_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John_K
Hi everyone,

I have a PPL with nearly 200 hours but have not flown for 10+ years so looking for a flying school in Melbourne to do some refresher training and then be get ready for a bi-annual.

As I live in Brunswick, I don't want to drive to Moorabbin (which I have always found to crowded) anyway.

Previously I flew from Essendon and did circuits at Point Cook and Baachus Marsh.

Looking for a school that has low wing aircraft either in Essendon, Point Cook or Baachus Marsh and somewhere where they won't want to teach me absolutely everything all over again to re-gain my currency.

I know there is TVSA in Baachus Marsh but the instructors there look quite young and I am worried they will only want to reteach me based on their way.

Point Cook seems to cater more for RMIT students, and in Essendon I could only find Flight Academy Australia as having low wing aircraft.

At worst case scenario I may drive out to Lilydale but it's a fair way from Brunswick.

Can someone make some recommendations?

Clear skies,

John K.

Any more recommendations on this would be welcomed including recommendations on instructors. Thanks for those who have PM'ed me.

Clear skies.

John K.