PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Graphics card, video card, need to upgrade...
Old 13th Nov 2017, 20:53
TowerDog

SkyGod

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PJD1
If you are not using the PC for gaming and are not using it for any graphics intensive applications such as video editing or high end graphics software then it is highly unlikely that you would notice any difference by upgrading the graphics card. Your existing Radeon HD 6450 card should be perfectly adequate for normal desktop applications and web browsing etc. I would take any "benchmarking" site results with a very large pinch of salt!

Aye, that is true, one should be suspicious of any attempts to sell or upgrade products.
In this case however we had difficulties watching videos and the PC has been slow in other ways as well.
Yes, it has been updated and running the latest of anti malware and anti spyware and Norton and CC cleaners and what not.
The smoking gun is still the video card and as can be seen in above link from Mr. Saab, my card is in the bottom compared to modern stuff.
Hence I am on the hunt now for a new and improved card, especially after I opened the PC today and did a trial run of removing the card and re-installing it and found the process quick and easy. (after I found out how.)
If I am not gaming and editing videos today, it does not mean I won’t be doing it tomorrow.