PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Crews to Strike
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2003, 18:24
TwoTun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rho_tait, you said:

I think this thread is a wind up.

I am a BALPA member, nothing along these lines has appeared in the mail or the BALPA forum.

A postal ballot would be required, which I think requires 28 days, and then strikes and other sanctions must be timed within 28 days of any postal ballot of members, with seven days' notice being given to the employer.

By this time the lovely white bird will be retired.

Once again, its a wind up folks!
I really do wish it was a wind-up.

Firstly, you will see nothing in the BALPA forum, because the 18 Concorde Flight engineers are totally fed up with BALPA. Rob Hall allowed BA to word the last pay agreement for Flight Engineers in such a manner as it allowed BA to throw half the F/E's off the fleet just before March's pay deal came through.

Secondly, the over-whelming opinion amongst the F/Es is that Rob Hall strung us along for months, telling us to leave it to him and BALPA to sort out our retirement / redeployment, only to turn round a few weeks ago and ****** off to management whilst telling us, incidently, that we didn't have a leg to stand on.

So, this issue won't be gracing the pages of any BALPA Log or Forum.

Lastly, we have a Standing Conference with BA this coming Wednesday, after which the 18 of us (not the pilots - it's not their issue) will call for a ballot. Within a week, we will be balloted. If we collectively decide that we don't need 28 days to ballot 18 members, then we don't need 28 days.

Lastly, if any strike action is called, it will only involve the Flight Engineers. And that's all you need to stop Concorde flying.

regards