PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2017, 13:27
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stopped looking for fairness and logic in airline recruitment long time ago.
The base allocation and start dates in easyJet do not seem to follow specific rules.
Or I am not smart enough to understand them, one of the two.

I was very short in the pool, and I was called before people that had been there longer than me, and there have been people joining the pool after me, and being called out before.
People were offered bases that one week before were not available, and when guys asked to swap base with assessment buddies because interested in each other base were said no, with no explanation.

I have some memories about one of the assessors saying that the performance of the applicant had an effect on how quickly one would have been called, but no evidence to support that is actually what happens.

One can only sit, wait and hope to get something vaguely close to his preference.

Do not be afraid to say no if you do not like the base on offer, but keep in mind you can stay in the pool max one year.
I know several guys that refused the first base they offered them and that have been offered months later what they wanted. It almost looked like a poker game to me.

The situation now might be different with all the Monarch and Air Berlin guys obviously.