PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet mid 2017 Intake
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2017, 19:45
mikewil

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
There is certainly in Australia a small pool of pilots that, for one reason or another, have ATPLs/ALTPs/ATRs, but in which most airlines have no interest, for a wide variety reasons, in my experience, that are quite valid.
There is a bigger pool of CPL holder who, in my experience, and for a wide variety of reasons, are unemployable outside the lower levels of Australian GA
What makes you say this LeadSled?

To a certain extent I agree with Black belt. I would be willing to bet that a huge number of pilots currently flying for Jetstar would never have become pilots ff they had to take the traditional GA route. It seems to have opened the industry up to a generation spoiled toffee nosed kids who are good at waffling their way through the ridiculous HR recruitment process but could not survive a day in the world where you have to wash and refuel your plane as well as fly it.

Not saying they don't have intelligence and not saying it applies to every one, but there are quite a few spoiled silver spooners in these programs who look down their noses as those in GA when they couldn't hack it themselves.