PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owing a GA aircraft query
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2017, 17:31
navygm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mainly it will be for hour building and navigation, but occasionally it will be used for 4 people for leaving the island..Sicily and more North, so when travelling you need some power, thus a small Rotax wont be suitable.
Apart from that, like Tecnam they dont have a reasonable priced 4 seater, so those will be out of question.

Would some one reccomend buying an "old" C172 with all AD's embodied and maybe not so well kept (except no corrosion), then I will do all work myself?

What are the toughts of buying a used one from the US to import it to Europe? will that be a hassle? I dont know how the system works like this, but surely aircraft from the US are cheaper!

Originally Posted by DirtyProp
What would your typical mission profile be? People, range, etc? I presume mostly going to Sicily and then up north?
As someone wrote before the Rotax 912 burns about 14 lt/hr for the 80 hp version, IIRC the 100 hp version burns about 18-19 lt/hr. An O-235 burns around 22-25 lt/hr.

PS: I would not get a 4 seater with a 100 hp engine, Rotax Lyco or else. Not enough power for my taste.