PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2017, 16:00
phflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tips & Advices for future Flying Career

Hi everyone,

I really need to hear some opinion regarding pathways to take in undertaking my career in aviation. I am currently studying my PPL course in Manila, Philippines but I have a long term goal of migrating soon to Australia and convert my license after getting relevant work experiences/flight hours in my hometown.

Some people have told me to just get straight flight training in Australia as an international student but some also have told me to continue my training in the Philippines (so I could get experience and in terms of costs, its lesser). Upon checking the needed steps to have license conversion with CASA, it'll be a lot of work and thus, led me to seek advise from everyone here whether to do it in my hometown or do it in Australia. What are the pros and cons of each option?

A lot may wonder why go through the trouble, but it has ALWAYS been a dream of mine to migrate to Australia and I really want to make it happen with the career I am passionate about - flying/pilot.

I know I still have a long way to go but I would just like to seek help and I know I will be given proper guidance/advice on here.

Looking forward to insightful comments, please.

Thank you!