PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 alternate law no protection
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2017, 03:38
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vessbot
And, it is also a speed stability that very much exists at the edge of the envelope, while not in the middle.)
The low speed and high speed stability at the end of envelope is in form of protection where it resists the speed excursion beyond the envelope. That doesn't make airbus speed stable. Speed stable aircraft when disturbed pitch up or down to acquire in trim speed. To give an example, take the without protection case. If airbus is left nose high and thrust levers brought to idle, as the speed drops it will not pitch down but try to maintain the flight path even when below VLS and trim itself into a stall. As far as constant angle of attack is concerned in absence of information regarding the purpose of it and clear explanation yes I was trying to guess. I used the words "may". Again I am guessing it may be that at normal speeds left to itself in a turn, as it maintains AOA it will descend and the pilot will have to increase the pitch like a conventional aircraft, to maintain altitude.The exact mechanics can only be found out from airbus through Tech request.