PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Group sells Bristow Academy
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2017, 02:37
gwelo shamwari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I was there there was a noticeable shift from catering to all markets to catering to #1 Military contracts, #2 JAR Program, and if there was anything remaining for the FAA program. The attitude to the FAA program also changed as it was noticeable that management (exRN) deemed it substandard to the EASA.

I guess the idea was to chase the big bucks, which was a shame was if look around most of the people that I know in the international industry were self funded FAA students on the J1 visa. These were the people that flocked to HAI to get ratings and experience before either staying in the US market or returning to their home countries to do the infamously ridiculous JAA/EASA exams and ratings (I do hold an EASA ATPL).

This shift from focusing on the individual to the corporate client was good while the corporate clients spent money, but it drove many individuals to other flight schools and damaged its repuataion because of their second class status. There are still plenty of flight school doing well in the US and there are a number of sectors non O&G doing well internationally.

Its sad to see what corporate greed and a poor regard to the FAA program has done.