PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tricks and Tips to make flying easier.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2017, 15:53
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlightDetent, I was talking about IAE. I have the Books in front of me: According to the QRH for the A320, A stabiliized windmill relight will occur from 250kt. In the FCOM, for Eng Dual Failure with fuel remaining they write: optimum Relight Speed: 280kt but for engine failed in cruise it’s written black and white: .78/300kt in the FCTM and in our SOPM. I would happily send you the screenshot. Maybe the training department or FCTM are wrong then? I don’t know. I beleive it makes sense as we cruise around 250/270kt IAS, if you lose both engines, it’s very unlikely you will be able to target 300kt IAS as it will be above MMO at high altitude. So I guess 280kt makes more sense. And you certainly do not want to waste precious altitude by flying faster. At Fl 200, you can slow down to green dot speed and use the APU bleed to attempt engines start one by one.

Concerning accronyms: Well it happens people took off with temporary speed. Pushed back without signing the techlog ( happened with me when I was Fo) or closed the doors forgetting the loadsheet. So yes it does help. And before accusing me of spreading rubbish, I would like to remind you this is not the technical part of the forum. I’m happy to be corrected of course but oh well once again my topic is spoiled.... LOL.

Last edited by pineteam; 13th Nov 2017 at 05:19. Reason: Typo