PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Memories of holiday-making in the 1960s
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2017, 18:28
Mr Oleo Strut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hobsoe01
Dear forum members,

I am doing some research for a documentary about British holidays in the 1960s and would like to talk to anyone who worked in the industry during this time. It's meant to be a lively and intelligent look at how our holiday patterns changed during this decade and I'd like to find out what it was like to be on the other side of the holiday experience.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who would be interested in sharing their knowledge! And I would also really appreciate any links to other associations or groups who you think would be good to contact.

Feel free to contact on [email protected].

Thanks for your time and for this interesting site.
The cogs have slowly turned and the magic lantern of memory has thrown up (not literally!) reminders of a holiday to Lloret-de-Mar in about 1963 (when I was young, tall, dark and 'ansome) by an outfit called Lord Bros. One of the young ladies in our group later became my nearest and dearest but that's a different story. Anyway, we got the train to Gatwick and boarded our BUA? Viscount to Perpignan and a longish coach trip - no motorways - to Lloret where we stayed in a nice little hotel right on the sea front and had a very pleasant 10 days in the sun, with side trips to Barcelona, Tossa and other places. I borrowed a Bell & Howell cinč camera but can't find the film now. Apart from that it all worked out very well. I remember that we felt a wee bit uneasy about the flight because a British aircraft had crashed into the mountains shortly before our trip, but there were no problems for us. Happy memories of my first continental holiday.