PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA Wizz Air Cadet Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2017, 16:29
LEXI.LEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WIZZ AIR BAA EXPERIENCE

Hi guys, I've red many comments on this portal so I decided to share with you my full experience. If I can help you with anything or if you have any questions, please feel free to p.m me. Also whatever I share here is my personal experience and my observations.
STAGE 1
After enquiring on BAA web page, one of the sales representatives will put in touch with you explaining you in details what you have to do and they will suggest you the dates for the Compass Test. Before that you will need to pay a fee ( around 200 euros). You have to specify for which cadet pilot program you are applying and according to that they will book a day for your COMPASS and assessment. In order to prepare for COMPASS test I used latestpilotjobs web page and it was extremely useful. Some other people used other platforms and everything works well. Please be prepared and fully ready because the test is not easy at all. Yes , all high school basics are there but you really need to be fully familiar with those.

STAGE 2
On the first day of your BAA assessment you will start with XT test and continue with english yes. XT test is done on your own language and yes at the end of it it does contain mathematics and some numbers ( this is separate that mathematics on your Compass test. However if you are ready for compass test, this math part on XT test will be a peace of cake for you. English test is basic, but you need to be sure and certain about the grammar and articles. It is multiply choice so that should not be an issue.
The next day is a Compass Test and your Face to Face interview. Compass test is exactly the same like on all preparation platforms so I will not explain a lot about that.

STAGE 3.
BAA Face to Face interview. The lady from the academy will have your file with her and she will ask you some questions such as: '' Tell me something about yourself. Why do you want to be a pilot, Why do you want WIZZAIR, Have you considered other programs we have, such as SMARTLYNx or SMALL PLANET, What are your qualities, What are you positive sides, etc etc. After that you are free to go and they will send you the result within one day. I've passed this part and they informed me that they would invite me for WIZZAIR final interview. I must share with you my observations. I am not sure if WIZZAIR has anything to do with the decision who would be invited for their final assessment. To me it appeared that BAA makes that decision but I might be wrong. At no point WIZZAIR was in touch with me, it was only BAA staff.

STAGE 4 WIZZ AIR INTERIVIEW.
- On the day of the interview we were around 23 candidates, all different age and levels of experience. 3 wizz air representatives and the lady from BAA that did our final interview in the previous stage of the selection with BAA. First part is the presentation of the company and all details abut the salary and financing. Next stage is a group discussion. The topic was ''SURVIVAL ACTIVITY''. We had a list of 15 items, we crashed in the Amazon forest and the fuel is leaking from the wreckage. Only you and the pilot survived and the rescue services are on the way. What items would you take. The time is 10 minutes, after that they will ask you some questions etc, etc.
- Final interview with WIZZ, exactly the same questions like the first day so honestly I did not see the point of it. The recruiters are very polite and nice however I am really not sure who is making the decision about the selected candidates. Unfortunately I was not successful and yea it does hurt but the life has to continue. You can't get any feedback or info about your performance or wha you can improve. Personally, I don't know what to think. There must be some kind of connection in between the academy and the entire selection process. I was under impression that they already knew which candidates will be taken and selected . One more time I might be wrong but this is just my opinion. Something was very fishy in the way the final interview was done. I am not sure if they have to make sure they got equal balance in between all their clients such as SMARTLYNX and SMALL PLANET. Wiz Air program is definitely the best and the most convenient fro everyone so I do not understand why someone would apply for other programs and schemes. There must be something there and I still can't figure out what's the catch. Good luck everyone, and congratulations to everyone that passed the final with the wizz.