PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2017, 07:25
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggles78
Oh man I am so relieved you told us about that. It just warms my heart to know that cyclones, typhoons and hurricanes do not cause any damage to coal fired power stations or their electrical transmission infrastructure.

With all these coal fired power stations being built in India and China, did you ever notice the number that both countries have removed from the build list? Did you read about the $43Billion that China is investing in renewables and the 12,000,000 jobs that this is going to create. Meanwhile Australia is stuck in the Coal Age trying to spend $1Billion on around 1,000 jobs. Hell, the towns near the mines do not want the damn thing. Meanwhile the forward thinking govt is removing subsidies for renewable projects.

With the great respect Adani have for environmental regulations , there is only the risk of 65,000 tourism jobs if the Great Barrier Reef gets wrecked by your "life giving" coal.

FACT Malcolm, for every $1 invested in research, it returns $5 to the economy. Not to shabby when stacked up against $1Billion for a couple hundred kms of parallel lengths of iron that I bet will not be purchased in Australia.

Good luck with inventing your coal powered aero engines. I bet they turn out to be good for humanity.
During WW2 the Germans did fairly well with coal powered fighter aircraft.

And of note - most of the worlds current so-called electric cars are actually coal powered.

The shear stupidity of a country like Oz having massive amounts of coal and no coal to petrol/diesel conversion plants. Australia could be totally fuel self sufficient. Instead we import solar and wind power units mainly from China..