PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from the worst company in PNG and most likely the world.
Old 10th Nov 2017, 05:50
Nigel Osborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The RUH BO 105 accident was in 2011. His name wasn't Peter Wallace as in the report but his initials were PW. I was his chief pilot for 7 years & flew with him numerous times. He learned to fly later in life privately after doing a stint as an engineer in the RAAF. When he applied to join Hookway Aviation in Hobart, his flying was not acceptable for the conditions we could get in Tassie. He went away & got some more hours in both the US & on the mainland, applied again & joined Hookway which became Brambles & then Helicopter Resources. I spent some time giving him both instrument & night training but to be honest it was beyond him. He went on the marine pilot job in Port Hedland but couldn't handle the night flying & asked to return to Hobart where he was an excellent VFR pilot & knew he had to keep clear of cloud. I gave him a good VFR reference to get a job in Hong Kong in 1990 which was the last time I saw him but we did speak on the phone when back in OZ. With all his experience & knowing his weakness, I am surprised & sorry he ended up like that. I have no doubt he felt obliged to push on due to the attitude of the company. A sad loss.