PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Memories of RAFG
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2017, 02:44
sittingstress

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The closeness of friends and acceptance of the extraordinary:

LBH 90, Mrs Stress was heavily pregnant and we lived in Goch. One summer Saturday morning we drove onto camp to grab some essentials from the NAAFI shop. Whilst wandering around we happened across 4 blokes (fellow Rocks) all dressed in barbour jackets and clearly worse the wear from the previous nights excess.

We said hallo, had a quick natter and queued up to pay for our goods. We then witnessed 3 leaving with game pockets bulging and clinking and giggling like idiots.

We returned to our tax free Ford Orion 1.6 Ghia i in bright red (oh yes!!!) and found said 3 master criminals sitting on the roof. Whilst I enquired as to what they were doing the 4th returned with a screw together BBQ, 8 bread rolls, 8 beef burgers and crate of beer.

The journey to Goch was cramped and the weekend disappeared into a drunken haze. I took our 4 house guests back to camp with me on Monday morning and that was that. It all seemed so normal.

Many, many happy and outrageous times as an SAC rock on 37 Sqn RAF Regiment at BRU and a GDT JNCO at LBH.

I came back to the UK with a wife, a daughter, the Orion and a schrank!!

Oh and my first car out there was an AUDI GT5S Coupe in Sunburst Orange, WA 501 B.