PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from the worst company in PNG and most likely the world.
Old 10th Nov 2017, 00:15
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Finnrotor.com
Can some kind soul please PM a full name of this company to me?
The clues are all contained within:
post #1 "starts with m and ends with s"
post #2 "man..."
post #3 "P2-RUH" the rego is the surname of the owner/FOM.

Those 3 pieces of the puzzle will only fit one outcome of a google search "png helicopter operators"

My advice to anybody wanting to work in PNG for the first time: accept the offer from any employer (even the one mentioned in this topic), negotiate the licensing process, and once you have your PNG license do your best in the role you were employed for. If you don't like what you see speak up through the appropriate internal channels, and if there is no resolution you can always exercise the option in your contract by giving notice. The PNG license is yours to keep. When the next job opportunity comes around and they need you yesterday, having the PNG license makes you very competitive, assuming you made a professional exit on your previous job.

Keep in mind that PNG is a developing country (actually, some might say it has been getting more dysfunctional every year since 1975), and tribal mentality applies throughout much of the country. Whilst I would never advocate the bending of the rules, bending of the rules happens, either on pilot initiative or pressure from management in various ways. When the bending of the rules extends to (for example) the fitting of engine parts with no paperwork, and no maintenance logbook entry, that is just far too bent. The regulator might not show much interest should they learn of such things, I can only recall two instances where they pulled a helicopter operator AOC, and only one where they took any administrative action against a helicopter pilot.

Last edited by gulliBell; 10th Nov 2017 at 01:25.