PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from the worst company in PNG and most likely the world.
Old 9th Nov 2017, 23:49
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Finnrotor.com
Can some kind soul please PM a full name of this company to me? I'm considering converting my EASA licence to AUS or NZ one and was hoping to land a job at PNG at some point...
If you want to work in PNG you need a PNG license. Having an Australian or NZ license is no advantage to you over the native license you already have. The PNG employer will sponsor a new-hire expatriate employee through the PNG licensing process, and the work permit process. Firstly a validation of the foreign license is applied for, primarily so you can do flight training whilst undergoing the required medical and theory exams. When I got my PNG license (17 years ago) the process took a few days; now, probably a little longer.

Getting hired in PNG is more the case of knowing somebody already working there. Sending a CV is likely to end up on a pile of CV, and that pile isn't always looked at when a job vacancy arises.

Out of curiosity I just visited the subject operators website and noticed at the bottom of their home page it was last updated on 8 July 2010.