PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2017, 12:09
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel you are the one not understanding the situation south side, it's quite simple really, but you seem to be making it far more complicated than it needs to be. I've not mentioned at any time that the slots did hold a monetary value. That was a hypothesis brought in by someone else. I've not suggesting MAN should start slot selling.

Let's try and break this down very simply, and what I alluded to in my very first post about it before any money terms were brought into it.

-KPMG took ACL to court as they wanted to hold on to the S18 slots so that they could be sold to airlines. They believed the slots had monetary value.

-MAN also made an interviening submission to the court as they wanted the slots freed for S18. The only airport to do so.

My whole point was questioning what the urgency was for Manchester. If there were no airlines waiting in the wings to take over the slots, MAN could have simply sat back and watched the situation play out, because, if there were no airlines wanting the slots, what did it matter to MAN on how the slots ended up back in the portfolio. Even *if* (please note my use of the word if here) they did end up being worth money, either the airlines would pay it or back off. If backed off, then they would have reduced in price continually until such time the slots were deemed suitable again.

So, this was the point, why did MAN want the slots back in the hands of ACL for 2018, and not just wait it out like other airports. You don't do that unless you have a need to do so.

To be honest, if we are not on the same page here, just understanding what it is you are actually writing due to your erratic punctuation would be a start.