PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toilet Checks every 20 mins
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2003, 04:17
skyboy1919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for an Airline where we are also expected to check the toilets every 20 mins, and I aggree sometimes this can be very hard, if like in our airline, nearly all the crew are always on services. Or even if you do have one spare person, they are sat at the front, the rear toilets can be a long way away with 3 bar carts to get past.

However I do feel it is an important thing to do, I do not belive we are there to clean the aircraft, however the toilets can go down hill very quickly, and look, and smell like nothing else on some flights. I do not ask crew to do it thinking they may find a bomb, my main two reasons are as followed

1 Smoking does still happen, and the one place they head is the toilet. I have had a toilet fire and its amazing how quickly it can take hold, something like that over the ocean, no thanks

2 If I were a passenger that went into a dirty smell toilet with no toilet roll etc, I would not be happy, it looks dirty andunclean, and can let the whole flight down.

I would never ask anyone to clean a toilet, however restock, and wipe down the sides, and everyone should take their turn.

Have you ever considered raising this point with your airline and telling them that with the number of people you have on board it is not possible.

Who said our jobs not glamourous!!!!