PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help researching 1961 Electra crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2017, 05:38
cordwainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extremely poor quality film footage of crash site....

Dear Mr. Hagstrom:
On YouTube there is a video that contains an amateur film of the crash site. I'm not allowed to post URLs, but you can find it easily by knowing the title is "Chicago O'Hare Takeoffs and Landings From 1961 Video 1" and it was uploaded by davidevo2

Crash scene footage begins at 3:42. The camera work is absolutely horrible, but it does briefly show, for example, workmen up on the power lines who appear to be inspecting things rather than doing repairs. A large amount of the footage is shots of the power lines, in fact.

I can't make heads nor tails of most of it it's so shaky, blurry, and constantly shifting...except I could tell the flowers in one shot are sunflowers because I know sunflowers well enought to recognize them no matter how lousy the filming. Which is my optimistic way of expressing the very faint hope, since you know the scene so well, that you might likewise spot something recognizable that would help answer some of your questions. And even if it's no help at all, I thought you might want to know about it. Wishing you all best with your research, c