PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2017, 21:26
Biggles78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Malcolm Roberts
Did you see the pictures of the totally destroyed solar farms in Jamaica??
Oh man I am so relieved you told us about that. It just warms my heart to know that cyclones, typhoons and hurricanes do not cause any damage to coal fired power stations or their electrical transmission infrastructure.

With all these coal fired power stations being built in India and China, did you ever notice the number that both countries have removed from the build list? Did you read about the $43Billion that China is investing in renewables and the 12,000,000 jobs that this is going to create. Meanwhile Australia is stuck in the Coal Age trying to spend $1Billion on around 1,000 jobs. Hell, the towns near the mines do not want the damn thing. Meanwhile the forward thinking govt is removing subsidies for renewable projects.

With the great respect Adani have for environmental regulations , there is only the risk of 65,000 tourism jobs if the Great Barrier Reef gets wrecked by your "life giving" coal.

FACT Malcolm, for every $1 invested in research, it returns $5 to the economy. Not to shabby when stacked up against $1Billion for a couple hundred kms of parallel lengths of iron that I bet will not be purchased in Australia.

Good luck with inventing your coal powered aero engines. I bet they turn out to be good for humanity.