PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VCTS: Alternate Requirement?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2017, 10:39
exfocx

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
73qanda

Have to say I'm surprised and somewhat a little dubious that you're a 73 driver due to the way you write and the words you have used. But, I'll take it as given.

Re your "I disagree with the above", may be I didn't communicate what I meant very well, but I believe what I've said is basically correct. What you're missing there is the part on pre flight planning, which is basically the same as what it says when "at all times inflight onboard fuel shall not be less than': ......."

Without that the lawyers will argue that as long as you departed with the required fuel there are no requirements once airborne, as non are stipulated. So, without any changes you are required to land with what you originally planned, except your VR component reduces as you continue enroute. This is nothing new and has been the case as far back as 1982. Btw, you won't always have an enroute altn!

I don't think we're really disagreeing on much, more on seeing it a little differently, with the same result.

HC is > than 36 seats. Because of the way you wrote about the QF and VA manuals I didn't think you were airline, not that that really matters as it's the same regardless.