PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Looking to move to a US airline...with an interesting background...
Old 8th Nov 2017, 09:23
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by PIC_401
Hi, I do meet the FAA foreign license verification requirements. When I spoke to a local FAA office, they told me they will be able to verify with my CAA within 45-90 days.

So let’s say all goes well, now I have verification, when I go do my ATP-CTP certificate and then the ATP checkrides, will I need single engine capability (PPL???) or is my ATPL enough to do the tests…. Reason im stating this is that when I did my MPL, I was restricted to Multi-crew operations only, now after I converted it to an ATPL, im not sure if this restriction still applies to me?

I can still go and do a PPL no issues (when I was undergoing my MPL training, PPL had to be done on my own time so I never did it).

Hope im not confusing anyone!
Do you have the PIC time required under Part 61 and meet all the experience requirements for the ATP-MEL? If you started with an MPL then I’m assuming you would be short on the PIC time required unless of course you’ve been flying as captain.

Regardless of whatever CAA license you currently hold, you still need to tick ALL the minimum aeronautical experience requirements in Part 61.

I switched over my Aussie license in the last few years so know the process well with regards to verification letters, atp-Ctp etc.

Currently flying an RJ for an AA wholly owned regional. They paid for all my conversions (atp-ctp, type rating etc).

Last edited by havick; 8th Nov 2017 at 09:34.