PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2017, 10:53
Flightcpt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Choosing a Flight School in US!

I need some help, any help!! I currently hold an Australian PPL with 120+ hours of Total Aeronautical Experience and wanted to continue my training in the US on a F1 Visa as I had a terrible experience there. I am an Indian National and there are literally no jobs in India, the market apparently has always been unstable (Source: Pilots from different Indian Airlines). Frankly I'm quite tempted with the schools in the US offering F1 Visa with the chances of being hired as a flight instructor and if not I can always opt for OPT/CPT (I would really appreciate some more info on how it works) and fly for a charter company etc (from what I can tell after scouring the internet)

I did some research and found out some schools that offer F1 Visa and also may hire me as a Flight Instructor after completing my training:
1) L3 Commercial Training Solutions Airline Academy (Their Professional Pilot Program)
2) Hillsboro Academy (I cannot find any reviews on the net)
3) Aerocadet (But I have heard a lot of negative reviews and also about the famous fraudster Robert Weaver atleast that's what I see on the internet)
4) Phoenix Flight Academy (Again I have heard nothing but negative reviews)
5) Miami Flight Centre (Again don't know anything about it)
6) SAA International (I'll opt the Instructor Internship Program)

If there are any other schools out there that you recommend please let me know. Also since I have been robbed at my previous academy I'm running a bit tight on the money side of things as well, but have enough to get the best training because I'm tired of being a victim of FRAUD ACADEMIES. PM ME TO FIND OUT THE NAME OF MY PREVIOUS FLIGHT ACADEMY!