PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 7th Nov 2017, 09:17
Ambient Sheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roving
The very fact that you asked the question explains why the details were contained in a confidential annex. The information is clearly so sensitive that public disclosure of it could potentially prejudice any future proceedings.
Well obviously, and I'm not demanding such information be disclosed (which is the tone you seem to be taking in your reply). I fully accept, for example, that we shall never know what Andy Hill said to the AAIB and I can fully understand why. I don't have a problem with that.

I'm just naturally fascinated as to what possible reasons there could be for us not to even know WHY those test results can't be disclosed to the police. After all, it shouldn't be down to whatever the results actually were, should it? One would have thought it were down merely to the principles of the legal arguments surrounding them, as with AH's statements and the cockpit CCTV. The results of those tests in themselves shouldn't have been relevant as to the judge's decision, thus I struggle to imagine a scenario in which we can't be told the reasons why those tests weren't legally admissible.

Obviously there is such a scenario, and we must trust the judge on this, I just can't think what it might be, that's all.

Last edited by Ambient Sheep; 7th Nov 2017 at 23:02. Reason: Reinstated quote from roving that somehow got deleted during previous minor grammar edit.