PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Not that bad, surely?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2017, 07:47
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by salamalecom
I'm sorry guys, but it isn't the Companie's reponsibility to please you, to make you happy and bring some inner light to you, positivity and hapiness for your ****ty life. This is not your daddy's company, this is a job like any other and not a time for fun and celebration, and that's why sometimes or often it's boring: a job is a job everywhere, any sector, that's why it's called "job" and not "party". You choosed your profession and career, nobody forced you to become a pilot right? You should know all these stuffs, how does commercial aviation and airline jobs works for Pilot's BEFORE you decided to become one... this talk all the time, to come here to complaint about how does things on EK works and how tough it is for you to cope with that is so infantile. Again: it isn't Emirates responsibility to make you happy, to bring some light for you life and to please you. It is your job, your homework to be happy with what you have in your hands and don't bother people around you with your insatisfaction and negativity. *I'm not a "local", i'm an expat being treated here better than in my homecountry.
Either a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome or a paid blogger or twitter merchant or a costa dweller with too much time on his hands.

Most of us are positive people here but you really don't get it do you. We are positive despite the company, not because of the company. There is a massive recruitment and attrition problem that the company will not even admit exists to the workforce - choosing to remove, or make it difficult to access, data sources such as the seniority list for example in an attempt to keep a lid on the truth getting out rather than deal properly with the situation.

And to answer your question re we knew what airlines were like before we signed up. Well, yes, I did. When I started commercial flying, airlines were run almost entirely by pilot managers and directors, the job was fun, the term HR hadn't been invented, 'Personnel' was the department that dealed with administration, Flight Time Limitations really were limitations annd not targets and all pilot recruitment was conducted purely by pilot managers.

And it worked.

HR have taken over this industry and driven it into the ground. And, assuming you really are a pilot, idiots like you have made it easy for them. Profit and cost cutting at the expense of ethics seems to be acceptable and this is most definitely not the same industry I joined.

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 7th Nov 2017 at 08:02.