PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DPA tight lipped on COS attack
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2017, 00:58
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Are you really bringing in pretend KA friends into the discussion to try and promote your slewed view of where the pilot groups should be?

There has never been nor is there now, any value in KA pilots volunteering to go on the bottom of any seniority list. We have always been better off on our own. I respect seniority and I think you have thrown your own F/O's under the bus by relinquishing command and expansion opportunities at KA. It required pragmatic thinking, not legacy snobbery.

There is little attraction in being a CX pilot. There is nothing on offer I can think of remotely attractive? Long-haul, min-rest and jet lag in a caustic environment? And the way you operate?

KA is a far better job. I've no doubt the knives are sharpening but it helps to view the position as a contract. I'm even more confused that in one thread here there's spiteful jealousy from the CX camp at KA pilots "supposed" better pay yet in the next, you all think we want your job!

Years ago, KA pilots made Newsweek.

Here's some quotes from the article "Airline Pilots In The Brace Position"

"Result: the airline has had to increase pay by up to 60 percent. They aren't the only one with troubles. Hong Kong-based rival Dragonair has reduced scheduled flights following an exodus of pilots due to pay and scheduling issues. "The fact is that there are currently more vacancies than there are pilots throughout the industry," says Dragonair spokesperson May Lam-Kobayashi."

"And pilot pay keeps rising. After a two-year negotiation, Hong Kong's Dragonair offered its pilots a 20 percent raise in mid-December, affirming that pilots are in the driver's seat."