PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DPA tight lipped on COS attack
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 23:45
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
swh

There was nothing to be gained for KA pilots promoting a bottom of the list merger. Since the acquisition of KA by CX, every pilot in KA has had a command on offer, with many having progressed even further up the food chain.

Our perspectives are different, yours being legacy and mine being contract. But there is no sense and I'd hope appeal, in the modern aviation landscape, of being in "passenger F/O territory" for seniority versus a KA command. I think this is what many of your F/O's will be finding out now with delayed and if ever upgrades. Concurrent career paths and legacy airline positions can diverge rapidly leaving many exposed.

There is little appeal for KA pilots to be merged with CX ( by choice ), beyond a shiny-jet syndrome whereby some KA pilots would prefer long-haul, even if immersed in a toxic culture. We probably have a better basing option with RRO and hints at its expansion ( a con in my belief to calm senior pilots ). Our culture on the coal face is not toxic due a significant disconnect which evidently, according to this week's rumours, has external consultants puzzled.

Who knows what's in store? KA's training department has been front loaded and the demographic shift has been significant. We were the proving ground for the C scale captain seated with a 150 hr cadet. Seniority aside, this is would not have happened if our pilot groups merged and I think it has had impact in the current environment beyond the numbers involved.