PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recovering Deleted Photos
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 18:34
andytug

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Homsap
This is the problem I needed to send a solicitor, who is the defendant, 310 of scanned text in the form of PDF files. My thinking was that this was not possible as an attachment, as the data set was too large.

So I put the 310 files onto a DVD-RW, but this solicitor claimed he could not download the files and sent the disc back to me, I loaded in into two different laptops and both could read the files, I'm on Window OS. I think this soicitor is just playing games.

So my questions are:

(a) How likely is it that a legal practice with 30 + staff not be able to download PDF files from a DVD-RW?

(b) What would be the largest PDF data set you could attach via a gmail avcout through btinternet?

I should add under the civil procedures rules, you are expected to pre agree the method of transfering data, perhaps this is what the solicitor is relying on? who knows. I will look up the data set.
One possible answer for (a) is that the disc wasn't finalised correctly, an unfinalised DVDRW disc will allow more files to be added on the original computer but to any computer trying to read it will appear blank.