PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF KHORMAKSAR
Thread: RAF KHORMAKSAR
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 15:45
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Two Air Traffickers in one car? I'm surprised you got there. That's even worse than having two navigators.

Where are you TTN ?
Sorry Shack - I've been away. All I can say is I've had a few arguments with my satnav and I've been right every time!

Well the series came to an end last night and continued to stretch our credulity to the limits. Some big errors and some little ones. The major one was the court martial scene which was basically farcical. I attended an officer's court martial at Khormaksar after a taxying accident, and even for that relatively minor charge he was represented by council. The idea that an officer on a career threatening charge would have to rely on an unqualified "prisoner's friend" to speak for him is just totally incredible. And one minor (but irritating) error - little boys who had just been asked if they wanted to go swimming in 1965 did not shout "yay", That's an American import of the last 20 years at most.

If I hadn't served in Aden I doubt if I'd have stuck to this one - 5/10 at most, I'd say. Quite fancy Jessica Raine, though