PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilot (A320)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 13:53
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giorgio

Finally, that took a while! That’s what I was expecting, address the subject matter and although we disagree, we can have a dialogue. That’s the beauty of democracy, Europe was built on discourse.

In regards to the ratio of experienced and non, it is safe to say that due to the lack of experience in the market and the demise of Monarch, they would alocate more vacancies to those candidates, it’s an educated guess. When it comes to recruitment of low hours, it can go to the video or to the psychometric profile yes, as the volume of applications from candidates with the same level is large. You’d be surprised, I have seen it first hand at my airline, they will scrutinise those results. I may be wrong tho and they may be more
Efficient or approach differently.

Also, not my intention to insult, so here are my apologies!

In regards to the next stage, it doesn’t really matter what I do, if I flown before( somene else asked) what do you think or what’s your perception of my character. It means nothing to me or the Airline.

I have to prove myself to THEM and at the end of the day, if I Make it that far, it is my job to show them on the day that I can meet or exceed the standard. So pointing that out is fruitless, you lot don’t know how I will perform and you cannnot foresee that based on what I wrote in an Internet forum, thats a fact.

What I’m really interested, its what’s the time frame for selection, as my job is done.

About preparation, the amount of resources available, specially on Balpa’s website, should Give enough info for cadets looking to apply. What I did was to google the link for the pilot assessment and saw it was cut-e. So I practised them, I also researched the other points and they give you clues about what to expect In the video, it was fairly easy to figure out. I believe that if I could be proactive, so could they.

Concluding, we will not agree on most things but I feel that cadets need to get their neck out and understand that we cannot spoon feed everyone. It is a competition and as you said, it’s life.

I have contributed and have shared Information on other topics, given advice etc before and I do understand the point of a forum. But I also understand that there is not fairness or equality when people try to bend the system, it is hard enough as it is.

If you live close, you know very well how’s the system here, it’s filled with nepotism, people getting jobs when they did not have the aptitude for it, but got that little “help”. Well, just look at Alitalia.

I have seen people taking jobs that could be yours, one specific case, the lad failed his sim and technical exam, but dad was someone within the airline and I was told to comply and put him through. I have also seen people being given result sheets prior attending assessments.

It is perfectly reasonable for me to ask for a fair process and for people to respect it, the Airline asked that, so you lot can’t attack me all you want. Let’s leave it at that and I’ll Await your message.