PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adani Coal Airport
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 07:04
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rutan around
Interesting article by Brian Earp. All of us who have reached a certain age have seen many of the scenarios he alludes to played out.

So I don't come to blows with the usual suspects I just make this observation based on a couple of well known 'scientific' arguments that have occurred in my lifetime.

The ones who have the most money to lose are the best at muddying the water and they fight harder and dirtier. Take big tobacco and asbestos. Both made billions and the owners fought for years to prevent their products being banned. They didn't give a stuff how many people died long before their time. They had the evidence but hid it or bent it. The scientists trying to get the message out about the lethal nature of those products got no more or less pay whatever their findings were.

Perhaps these examples should be food for thought in the argument between the fossil fuel industry and climate scientists.

We know for sure that if fossil fuels are banned the companies (and Pollies?) will take a financial hit but what about the climate scientists. My guess is their pay would stay the same whether they found the the climate was warming, cooling or static.
"...the argument between the fossil fuel industry and climate scientists..."

Hmmm... I'd love to see this so-called "argument" ..
rutan around, just so we can confirm yer not making things up as usual can we see an example of the "argument" as put by the "fossil fuel industry"..? Perhaps start with that solar power titan, Adani..

Meanwhile, I'll keep putting forward the "argument" from an Oz taxpayer perspective that understands that around 30% of Australia's tax income comes from the "fossil fuel industry" and associated suppliers etc. Also keeping in mind that it wern't that long ago that Oz had the worlds cheapest and most reliable coal sourced power.

And as an aside. When I see them global warming 'believers' refuse to take 30% of their taxpayer funded dole/pension/health-benefits/subsidys income due to the fact it is tainted coal money then I might take them more seriously.