PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 04:17
Flightcpt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuing Training in US after acquiring an Australian PPL

Hey everyone, I currently hold an Australian PPL with a total of 100+ hours (excluding sim). I am now planning to continue my training in the US with Aerosim Academy (which is now known as L3 Commercial Training Solutions Airline Academy). I spoke to them earlier and they recommended the Professional Pilot Program for International Students and also that I should come there on a F1 Visa, which apparently give the opportunity to opt for OPT after training and most likely become an Instructor with the Academy after I finish training. I would really appreciate some help here guys. Anything at all would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to know the job opportunities in the US for International Students (I know there are no chances with the airlines until I don't have a greencard, and besides I need 1500 hours anyways to join them which I won't have) I'm willing to relocate anywhere.

PS, I know I am posting in the Pacific Region's Forums, but there are many viewers here who will definitely have some or a lot of experience. I thank you for your help