PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed-wing or Rotary career? (incl Changing licence to Rotary)
Old 13th Sep 2003, 19:10
Maximum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many people who fly high performance planks have an over inflated view of themselves
......erm, no way that might be taken as an insulting, grossly biased generalisation then eh?

International Hog Driver, you fly planks now, I guess it might just apply to you then? Ah, but wait, you're talking about all those other people with the over-inflated views of themselves!

another quote: "when they go from a controlled, multi crew environment to a single pilot, hands on scenario many come unstuck and sometimes with fatal consequences.

Don’t let this happen to you is what we are saying."

How patronising. I don't know how you guys ever let a 10 hour PPL student go solo. Oh wait, don't tell me, I know, I know, they don't have the transferal of learning problems, so in actual fact they're much more capable than the 10 000 hour plank driver.

The rotary guys I've converted on to jets have just been pilots like any others, some good, some bad. Strangely enough, they don't try to come to the hover before they land.

And the fixed wing guys I know who've gone on to helicopters have had no problems. They've been more than capable of realising there are certain traps and adapting to them, same as the rotary guys going on to fixed wing.

So I just don't see the point of bringing up this example of one unfortunate incident.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you. :rolleyes

Last edited by Maximum; 13th Sep 2003 at 19:30.