PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What on Earth is going on? Very strange . . .
Old 5th Nov 2017, 14:16
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
What on Earth is going on? Very strange . . .

. . . occurrences when one reclines for a snooze.

This has happened on and off for months but only in the reclined position, not in bed.

With the recliner motored about 70% the way back, I drift off. If it happens, it happens several times in a row. I've had a batch just lately. A batch is both on the day and a group of days.

I awake alarmed that I feel as though I've not been breathing. I know that the first thing I must do is breath deeply several times before making any attempt to move. When I go through this procedure I feel fine in a few minutes. Slip off to sleep again and it starts over.

I imagine it might be related to sleep apnea but not sure.

Yesterday one of the times I was dreaming vividly. I moved in an old back garden to a water butt that we had 70 years ago. I was distressed as I couldn't breath but it was like asthma. The distress woke me up. Breath, relax, stand up. Not a hint of asthma

Today, I did my beach to the top of the cliffs 1 1/2 times. Fine. Passed many people having a rest part way up.

I'm going to try it again now so if you don't hear from me again, please let Addenbrookes know I'm on my way - I have my letter of approval for dissection. I don't particularly want to be cut up, but I REALLY don't want to be cremated.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I can resist the overwhelming desire to breath deeply a few times. I need to know if ordinary breathing is okay, during which time I have the feeling I'm slipping back to sleep. Though I suppose that if I'm dead I'll not know the difference. Be really neat to rise out of the chair and see my mortal form slumped in it.