PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2017, 12:52
Mithzaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basair Quality

Hey,

I have recently graduated high school, and now am looking towards obtaining my CPL and other appropriate ratings.

Living in Western Australia my access to government loans in limited to 1 school in my city, which I know is a poorly run operation, and would like to avoid.

I have begun to search east, and found a few schools, the largest being Basair. Providing what I need, with the option of cheap accommodation on campus in Archerfield.

Looking online, I have seen negative reviews around Basair, focusing on the poor quality of aircraft and training. But these date back to 2008 and nobody seems to of commented on it in recent years.

Does anybody have any comment on Basair in recent years? Any body gone through their program or know somebody who has?

On top of that, does anybody have any recomendations for flight schools that have a VET-FEE approved program available?

Thanks,
K

--------------

Your thread does not belong in our news forum.

We don't encourage questions such as: "Does anybody have any comment on Basair in recent years?" which usually lead to defamatory and inappropriate comments.

To each their own. A flying school perfect for one student may not suit another. It is also a matter of personal assessment which only you can do.

Are you sure there are no "good" flying schools in WA? I know of at least one that has an excellent reputation for no nonsense learning.

Tail Wheel