PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issue converting an old CAA PPL to EASA PPL
Old 5th Nov 2017, 09:09
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB,

No personal agenda. I don't work for the CAA and don't sit on any committees.

OP doesn't say which style of light aircraft he now wants to fly. Just wants a licence. Has done his time with the examiner and has conflicting suggestions on where to go next: renewal of his old-style licence, or issue of part-FCL PPL (A) as suggested by examiner.

Yes, my reply might be a bit of thread drift, but in my defence the first reply was: Don't give up your UK PPL.

As I - obviously a complete idiot, but allowed to fly nonetheless! - understand the CAA table, if an old UK CAA PPL (A) is simply renewed, it soon won't allow the OP to fly a Cessna/Piper because the CAA will put an "only valid for Annexe 2 aircraft" restriction on it. That seems pretty important for people to know?

So my response, hoping to be helpful to the OP and anyone else reading this, was to point out my view - obviously worth very little, at least in your opinion - of the options as far as I understand them.

My advice is free and worth what you pay for it.

ps. Spent a bit of time trying to get the spacing on the CAA table sorted, but that all disappeared when posted on pprune. My apologies.