PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Jet Provost aerobatic teams
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2017, 07:37
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
Ah yes, Weasel me old, hope you're keeping well? I do indeed recall that stuck microphone tape - the ATCOs played it at Happy Hour!

"If that's Lincoln and that's Waddington, whose ******g MATZ are we in?"
One of Woodsie's politer comments! Standards weren't too impressed by him calling "Pins" when you were still rolling down the RW after landing back at Cranwell though...

He was just the same when sending me on my first JP solo at Barkston Heath - after which he flew us back at full throttle until he was on the break at Cranwell! "OK, shag?"

After our first FJLI trips at Leeming, I overheard the Flt Cdr saying to the Boss "I don't know why Cranwell has sent us those two - they're well up to Valley standard already!" Still, it was a fun course of licensed hooliganism - apart from coming back from the chippy with you and experiencing your Cortina estate vs 'Cow $hit Corner' moment... As part of the Leeming rebuild, they built a new road avoiding that particular delight.

Regarding JP teams, hunty, if you're still with us, John Aldington flew with the Leeming Swords in 1974 - when 6Z3 and I were doing the FJLI course.