PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Looking to move to a US airline...with an interesting background...
Old 4th Nov 2017, 22:58
PIC_401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much everyone for the great responses! I think i will apply to all of them and see where i go, since im in no hurry, i will try the majors first!!

I was hoping to get onto the 320 with, as one poster stated would be: American / United / Frontier / Spirit. Long term however, i would prefer a legacy carrier over low cost but lets see. There is not too much info on direct-entry hires on the legacy carriers from foreign airlines other than your usual cross US airline pilot making a move from the regionals, or another US airline so ill gauge the response first.

I currently do hold a university degree which most airlines now are holding as a "nice to have". Especially since all these regionals have partnered with numerous schools across the country!

I have also looked in to Southwest but with it being the 737, id rather try my luck on an airline operating Airbus first.

mustangsally - that is my concern applying to the regionals, O'Hare a hustle bustle airport but the need could be anywhere, but like you said would be easy to request ORD/MID base in the future.