PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shackleton MR2 WR963
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2017, 22:41
WR963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's work day was all about preparation. Winter is around the corner and there's certainly more cold days and rain coming our way. We want to protect 963 as best we can over the winter months so today we decided to make a start.

All the engine/wheel/cockpit/glass covers were taken out of storage, cleaned and inspected. We have a full set and although some need localised repairs we've started to fit them, and after the dusk run they'll all be on to keep her as dry and safe as possible.

Other maintenance work included cleaning all of the many and varied drains out, rotating the propellers to ensure no water gather's in the spinners and exercising the ailerons and elevators for the same reason.

Also, and well overdue, the entire starboard side was cleaned to remove all the dirt and algea. The port side will be next.

No major work to report at this time of year, but this work is vital to keep WR963 serviceable and stop deterioration.

I did have some photos to post, and I have posted these on other forums....however I'm not allowed to post them here until I have 10 posts! Sorry about this. So 6 more posts from now and I can start showing you what we're up to!