PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Few questions from a newbie
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2017, 20:19
Tagzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your replies, very insightful and encouraging as well.

I didn’t think about tieing down as opposed to hangaring. What is the difference in price for this and what are the potential repercussions of leaving it tied down and then some freak weather comes in i.e. is it easy to move it somewhere safer in time?

Originally Posted by Heston
You said PA28.
But many of the answers would have been different if you had said, for example, three axis microlight (some more favourable, some less so). It depends a lot on what you want your flying to do for you.
Tell us what you'd like to do. Although be warned if you are new to this game - many people end up in a very different place than where they expect to be because they find particular passions once they are started (like aerobatics for example).
I’ve always wanted to do my PPL but various things (mainly money) have got in the way. I’ve only looked into doing it again recently because I’ve been considering flying as a career. But the more I’ve read about it the more I’ve realised it’s probably not for me so just focusing on my PPL for now with a view to either owning my own aircraft or more likely being part of a time share agreement. So I’m absolutely open to trying different things and seeing where my passion lies. I only said PA28 because it’s a common aircraft and I figured a lot of the costs would be dependent on the aircraft type.

Thanks again and sorry if my replies are late, my posts are still being moderated.