PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solicitor with experience of aviation negligence claims
Old 4th Nov 2017, 11:30
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
I think that FL's present professional status has led him to avoid offering public opinions about anything, in case he might put himself in a position of suffering a conflict of interests. A reasonable position when you consider how critical what he does for a living is, although giving his passion for both aviation and the law, I don't suppose he enjoys the position.

I have worked as an expert witness on quite a few cases. I'm not a lawyer, nor ever likely to be, but have worked for many, and have formed opinions of which firms I think do a competent job.

The two firms I've been most impressed by in recent years are a Cheshire based firm called Hilary Meredith and a Lancashire based firm called Scott Rees. I think that if I had a problem myself, I would call one of them.

Declaring an obvious interest - there's a risk that if you retain them, they might retain me. Or they might not, either way, my advice stands.

(For some reason the majority of firms in this line of work seem to be based in NW England, presumably there's a community of lawyers there who have bult up expertise and tend to jump about and/or support each other, I've never asked.)

G