PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilot (A320)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2017, 10:39
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nearly choked on my cereal when I read "help those entering the market...even tho we are competing, doesn't mean we can't work as a team". Seriously now, get real.
From 3.000 applicants, and considering that the ratio in aviation is around 2:1 from interview to job, how many people do you reckon will be invited to assessments? Do you believe that they have the facilities and capacity to interview even half of that, considering the timeframe set? Low hour pilots will be scrutinised to the every point/mark, because the market is flooded, the experienced ones should get the majority of slots and their online assessment results will be used as a tool to break deadlocks e.g. he/she interviewed ok-ish and group exercise was ok, rusty in the sim, lets look at his/her results.
Whilst low hours, if your performance is poor in comparison to the other guy, guess who will attend the assessment?
Wake up and smell the coffee. Those entering the market should have been switched on enough to understand this concept, as well as doing the research themselves, this is no integrated school where you are spoon-fed all the way. Airlines look for competencies, figure out what sort of question you will get based on what I just said, competencies. Remember that 3.000 applied, there are 100 jobs...go figure.
I can't believe we even need to spell it out...