PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed-wing or Rotary career? (incl Changing licence to Rotary)
Old 13th Sep 2003, 16:22
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-C
Nice, very nice.

I remember those days. The said 747 skipper was indeed a very qualified gentleman he could do this and that and park a big keroburner on a postage stamp, but put him in a VFR hands on helicopter he was a hack.

I have the same experiences now. I am a currently a training captain in the middle of qualifying a new batch of skippers. These guys generally have military backgrounds everything from Hueys to Hinds, F series to Migs and Sukhoi’s up to and including the 27.

They simply can’t fly the aircraft they have been assigned to, their autocratic methodology brings big CRM problems and their handling skills do not match the capabilities of the aircraft.
No matter how much experience you can obtain a Hack will usually remain a Hack until they retire from the organisation be that of their own choice or by that of the laws of physics.

You have never experienced life changing moments until the aircraft disintegrates around you (done that) or while one of these ‘experienced’ people decides to test the four wheel drive capabilities of aircraft during public transport operations (done that too). Some would say off runway, I asked where was the runway.

Ace from space on base with three in place……………

ps. here's the link http://www.airliners.net/open.file/021003/M/