PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Again.
Thread: Air Asia Again.
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2017, 04:18
topcap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I travel to and around Asia quite frequently using Air Asia, Air Asia X, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Pacific Vietnam (which I call Jetstar Pathetic), Lion Air (the worst), Tiger, Vietjet Air (very good) and Vietnam Airlines.
As a Commercial Pilot I am fully aware of Safety Regulations and notice the cabin crews in many instances are not enforcing the rules - like passengers walking around while the aircraft is taxiing, mobile phones and laptops not being turned off, passengers getting luggage out of overhead lockers before the aircraft has parked , and in one instance a kid leaning over the top of a seat while the aircraft was on final approach into Singapore in full view of the crew who failed to act.
The other problem I have noticed with Emergencies is that frequently it is reported that Pilots are not communicating with the passengers to advise them what is occurring in order to calm the situation down and when as in the Air Asia flight the Flight Attendants are screaming in panic and crying as described by passengers on that flight then there is a serious training problem and the passengers claim that it was only when the Flight Attendants started to panic that they started to panic. Those staff should be sacked.
People are basically not stupid but the majority know nothing about aircraft so they are entitled to be calmly advised by Pilots during an emergency as to what is occurring and the Flight Attendants should at all times be calm and decisive in their actions.
It's not happening on many Asian Airlines.